Hiram Sibley Hall has been the headquarters for the College of Architecture, Art,and Planning since 1959. It currently houses the Fine Arts Library, architecture studios, the Green Dragon Cafe, classrooms, offices, and the Hartell Gallery. The
Departments of Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, City and Regional Planning, and Historic Preservation Planning are all located in Sibley Hall.
Spanning the north end of the Arts Quad, Sibley was built in three phases: West Sibley, designed by Archimedes N. Russell, was built in 1870 and an extension was added in 1884. East Sibley, built in 1894, was designed by Charles Francis Osborne. The prominent central Dome connected the two wings in 1902 and was designed by Arthur N. Gibb ’91.
Taitem provided the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire safety design for renovations to this historic central campus building, including replacement of existing aging HVAC equipment and connecting to campus chilled‐water system.
LOCATION Ithaca, NY