net zero energy buildings
Taitem’s engineers and energy professionals can help your building project achieve net zero energy, where the total amount of energy used by the building on an annual basis is equal to — or less than — the amount of renewable energy created onsite or offset through other means.
Services we provide to clients include:
- carbon footprint assessments and feasibility studies
- Blower door testing
- carbon mitigation strategies to avoid use of natural gas and other fossil fuels
- building computer simulation to project annual energy usage
- design development, including HVAC, lighting, renewable energy, and structural strategies
- design to Net Zero Energy Building, LEED, Passive House, Energy Star, and other standards
- design and installation of renewable energy systems
Learn more in this featured article on a net-zero case study. The article was published by Consulting-Specifying Engineer and written by Taitem engineer, Umit Sirt.